The more you deny yourself a forbidden food, the more tempting it becomes, and the higher is the chance of you going overboard and binge eating when you finally allow yourself to have it. The solution to that problem is to have the best of both worlds: eat healthy and nutritious versions of your favorite food! Here is an example of delicious and healthy pancakes–I call it protein pumpkin spice pancakes!
- 2 organic free-range eggs
- ½ cup of organic raw pumpkin
- 1 tbsp. organic ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. organic pumpkin pie spice
- a dash of organic non-alcoholic vanilla flavor or organic vanilla beans (optional)
- ½ cup organic unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 scoop organic vegan vanilla protein powder (my favorite brand is garden of life)
- ½ cup organic coconut flower.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F, mix the ingredients, spread organic extra virgin coconut oil over the baking sheet, pour batter over the sheet into 4 pancakes, bake for about 12 minutes or until ready. Serve with berries, pumpkin seeds, and drizzle a little bit of honey for more sweetness if needed (optional). I had this with some delicious organic ginger tea this morning!